Read the guide for formatting instructions
Back to the map
Guide for this category...
I thought it would be useful to have a section that focuses on English liquid measurements, on the grounds that they are both frequently used (unlike dry measures), and require frequent conversions between units (unlike distances or weights, where we tend to care about one unit at a time, the others being irrelevant to the scale of the problem). There are other units besides these, but these are the ones most likely to be used.
The chart of measures used here goes like this:
- Teaspoons, or tsp
- Tablespoons, or tbs : 1 = 3 tsp
- Ounces, or oz : 1 = 2 tbs, or 6 tsp
- Cups, or cup : 1 = 8 oz, or 48 tsp
- Pints, or pt : 1 = 2 cup, or 96 tsp
- Quarts, or qt : 1 = 2 pt, or 192 tsp
- Gallons, or gal : 1 = 4 qt, or 768 tsp
Be sure to format your answers with proper spaces and commas. The names for measurements should be the same as on the right side, with no S added to plurals.